Critical Reflection

Module Learning: 

At the beginning of this module, I set two goals, improving my communication skills, particularly in addressing large groups, and enhancing the clarity of my delivery. Over the past 13 weeks, I have definitely seen some improvement in my communication skills. I have learned that one way to overcome my fear of speaking in front of an audience is to be well-prepared. A few days before the presentation, I wrote a script with all the important points and practised it with my group. I also tried to practice my speech whenever I had free time, even before bed. While I still stuttered a bit during the presentation, I am happy with how it went overall. It was not perfect, but I could see that I had made some progress compared to my past presentations. This experience has taught me the importance of preparation and practice in improving my communication skills. In each class session, Professor Blackstone would select students to read from the slides and answer questions. This provided us with a chance to speak up and express our thoughts. I believe this practice contributed to my growing comfort with speaking up and sharing my opinions. I am really thankful for the opportunity to receive peer feedback on all of our assignments, whether it's from Professor Blackstone or my classmates. It has taught me just how valuable feedback can be. It helped me see where I needed to get better, like how I improved my Reader's Summary. And it has given me chances to grow and learn more as a student. 

Project Learning: 

This project taught me valuable lessons about teamwork. It is an honour being able to work with Celine, Ivy and Ken. I know everybody has their own schedules and commitments so it is very important to learn how to compromise with one another and do the best in contributing individually to the report. I am grateful for Ivy's leadership as our group leader. Her guidance and feedback on my report sections were immensely helpful and I appreciated her openness to receiving and considering my feedback, which fostered a sense of mutual respect and collaboration within the team. Another significant lesson I have learned from this project is the importance of good communication. My team primarily used Telegram for communication, but it was not always effective due to a lack of response in the group chat. However, we found that communication was more efficient when we were in school and able to interact face-to-face. Even though our group worked in a relaxed manner, it was clear that effective communication was essential for successful teamwork. It ensured that everyone understood their roles and responsibilities, allowing us to work efficiently and achieve our objectives. 

Overall, this module has provided me with the chance to collaborate with individuals whom I had not worked with previously. I have gained valuable insights and experiences throughout this module. I will carry forward all the feedback I have received and strive to improve myself in the future. I extend my gratitude to Professor Blackstone for guiding us through this fruitful 13-week journey. 



Comments

  1. Thank you, Celeste, for this interesting, precise and detailed reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts