Formal Email

Subject: Self-Introduction email 


Dear Professor Blackstone, 


I hope this letter finds you well. I am Celeste, a year 1 student in your Critical Thinking and Communicating Module. I am writing to formally introduce myself and provide some insights into my background. 

In 2022, I completed my diploma in Aeronautical and Aerospace Technology at Nanyang Polytechnic. Subsequently, I entered the workforce and gained one year of working experience as a service delivery administrator at Johnson Controls before making another attempt to pursue a degree. My passion for engineering traces back to my early years when I found joy in constructing intricate structures with LEGO blocks. In recent years, I have also discovered that building LEGO structures serves as a stress-relieving activity for me. The process of assembling and disassembling them got me interested in how things work, leading me to realise that I want to be an engineer. 

One of my communication strengths is empathy. Having served as the chairperson of my CCA in secondary school, I developed the ability to comprehend the emotions and viewpoints of my peers. Empathy is a potent leadership trait that not only improves communication and strengthens relationships but also fosters a positive environment where peers feel genuinely valued, understood, and supported. As a leader, I faced the additional challenge of being an introvert, making it difficult to venture beyond my comfort zone and engage in communication with others. I am aware of my reserved communication style, which may be perceived as someone with a lack of interest. I feel more at ease actively listening than taking the lead in a conversation, and I often feel the need to absorb and digest information before contributing my thoughts. 

In this module, I hope to enhance my communication skills, especially when addressing large audiences, as I often face challenges with stuttering and forgetting my speech. Another goal would be to improve the clarity of my communication, ensuring that I convey information efficiently while maintaining the engagement and understanding of the listener. 

What makes me unique is my positive mindset. I embrace learning from experience and mistakes, seeing them as opportunities for growth and improvement. 

With all being said, I look forward to your guidance in this module. Thank you for taking the time to read my email. 

Best regards, 

Celeste


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. easy and pleasant to read. Outstanding Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Celeste! 👋 It is really cool to learn how your passion for engineering started with LEGO blocks. Building LEGO structures for stress relief is a cool insight into your personality. Being a chairperson in secondary school shows you've got leadership skills, which is impressive. Your goal to improve speaking skills is relatable; I get the struggle with stuttering and forgetting words too. Your email is clear and organized. Excited for the journey ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Celeste,

    Thank you for this fluent, detailed and informative letter. In it you address the key areas of the brief, doing so with fine clarity of expression and depth of development. I like the way you provide a description of your educational background, work experience and passion for LEGOs and how that impacted your career choice. You also explain your ability to empathize, your sense that it's a leadership trait and your interest / experience in 'leadership' though you view yourself as an introvert.

    We will certainly address public speaking soon enough in our module, but even in terms of lesson interactions, I challenge you to do your best to leave your comfort zone as often as possible.

    Language wise this is an excellent letter. There are only a couple minor issues with caps, including this: -- ...in your Critical Thinking and Communicating Module.


    I look forward to learning more about you this term.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts